Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Technical Difficulties

Well, one wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find someone willing to work on volkswagens. So after many weeks of searching around we finally found someone who actually will take a look at it. I was going to fix it myself because I believe the timing is just advanced to much, but before I could get to it it just stopped cranking altogether so I couldn't warm it up before hand. I'm pretty sure everytime we cranked it it got worse and that is why it will no longer crank. Since I'm only moderately schooled in engines and much less so in rear mounted four cylinders, I decided to keep looking. So hopefully this shop will be able to fix it and then I will finally be able to get the doors and start cleaning it up inside and out. I will give an update on if we got it fixed or if we will have to keep looking for shops. One day soon I'll have this engine running, I promise.

Thanks for being patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment