Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Final Countdown

Ol Brad is in his final stages of preparation for the road. We cut out the rails ourselves and got a pair of 2001 camaro seats from a junkyard. We will soon finish mounting those properly. After a long process of looking for tires since the firestone didn't want to give us the tires they said they had, I found some tires on Direct Buy Tire .com a very good site to find tires at very reasonable prices. We went to walmart to get them mounted and balanced but they weren't set up to do aftermarket rims(or they just didn't want to do it). We ended up going to Sears auto repair, they had great service the guy got the tires on and made me want a mounting and balancing more than i already did. You can see the seat in the car, the process of cutting the rails, and the new tires on the car here. All we have left is to get the carb tuned and some insurance for it and it'll be ready to hit the road. We're going to ask my cousin if he can work on the carb and go from there.

Now on another note, I have decided as you might can tell from the new colors of the blog that I am going to go a different way with the color scheme of the car. The beautiful neon green color that makes some lamborghini's stand out as can be seen here, got me thinking. I have decided to paint the body that same green and paint all the chrome(bumpers, rims, and window trim) black. I will get black carpet and a black vinyl material to wrap the seats and the dash in. Then instead of the red neons I will get green neons to go on the underdash that we are probably going to custom make soon, and green undercarriage neons. I think it will stick out even more this way and catch all the people's attention that it wasn't already catching being a hard to find kit car.

And finally, some things I will be needing to attend to. We found out the rear view mirror on the windshield wasn't going to work so I will need to either restore or find some new side mirrors for it. The rear flap that goes over the engine and has the license plate on it latches closed with some hood pins. The hood pins that are on it now are old and don't really work, I will be finding some black ones to replace them with. That's really all that's left that's completely necessary to get it into an acceptable condition. And as always I will keep you posted.

Peace,
Harlow

No comments:

Post a Comment